After a long wait of years, Twitter is finally bringing the feature to schedule tweets. The new feature exclusive for Twitter Ads users allows create a tweet and then schedule a date and time for it to be sent out, up to a year in advance.
The feature aids creators, social media managers, and advertisers/marketers on the platform, as a month of content, can be scheduled in a day. If this feature rolls out it puts Twitter at par with Facebook & Instagram.
Twitter is working on baking Scheduled Tweet into Twitter Web App itself pic.twitter.com/DJfs26xYfB
— Jane Manchun Wong (@wongmjane) August 26, 2019
If you are among the people who aren’t familiar with scheduling, here’s a how-to for easing the process.
- Log in to ads.twitter.com.
- Navigate to the “Creatives” > “Tweets” tab.
- Click on “New Tweet” in the top right corner.
- You’ll be redirected to the Tweet Composer, where you can create your Tweet. Add your copy, photos, videos, and cards here.
- Choose “Promoted-only” or not. Selecting “Promoted-only” will deliver your Tweet only to users targeted in a Promoted Tweet campaign, not organically to your followers. Unselecting this will schedule an organic Tweet.
- You can only unselect “Promoted-only” when logged into your ads account.
- Once you’re finished, select the down arrow button next to “Tweet”.
- Choose “Schedule” from the drop-down menu.
- Select the date and time you want your scheduled Tweet to go live.
In addition, Twitter has changed the Explore tab’s icon on the mobile version has been changed to ‘#’. Previously it was a magnifying glass symbolizing search.
Twitter’s Explore tab on iOS has switched to a #hashtag symbol
Previously it was a 🔍
This matches the change already made on https://t.co/fWnm7wRnJW
— Matt Navarra (@MattNavarra) August 22, 2019
A new ‘Search’ button has also been added to the feed on the top-right corner, which shows your recent and the trending searches on the platform.
Tweeples, what do you think about Twitter’s latest feature? Comment down your thoughts on the new change from Twitter.